Sunday morning

 Good morning one and all.  We have lovely sunshine but it is bitterly cold.  What a historic couple of days we have had.  I watched the 41 gun salute from all around the UK and ships in the gulf and Gibraltar.  Australia and New Zealand have also marked the passing of the prince. Then later was a landmark win for the first woman jockey in the Grand National. I am not a fan of horse racing but I usually watch the National and the Derby and of course, you have to watch the boat race.

Anyway, I then got to thinking about the funeral which will be within covid rules not a big state event.  I just wonder if Megan will have the brass neck to look the Queen in the eye after what she did knowing full well Philip only had weeks to live. If I had done something like that I would want to crawl into a hole and die. I must admit it did raise some painful memories for me.

Ok now on to brighter things James is making prawn cocktail for our lunch and the main meal will be when Denzil gets home. Steak onions and mushrooms and some leftover mash.  I almost finished my embroidery but I was getting a headache so I stopped.  Then I realised the anglepoise lamp was cooking my head so yet again a self-inflicted injury.  Some times I do think I am my own worst enemy.  Anyway, it will only take about an hour to finish this morning.

From what I have seen of the weather it is due to warm up a bit next week which will be just right for the opening-up of pubs etc.  Hopefully, now that so many of us are vaccinated thing should continue to improve and life get back to a semblance of normality.

Have a lovely day but do wrap up it is colder than it looks. 

By the way two supposed plumbers turned up yesterday wearing tracksuits and hoodies, and before knowing what the problem was told us it would take two hours at £62.50 per hour plus parts which they would have to go and buy. James showed them the door and told them what they could do with themselves. I was pleased to have him with me as they obviously though they could fleece an old lady. WRONG.

Comments

  1. I read that Meghan has been advised by her doctor not to travel.
    Well done, James. There's far too much of that around.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a surprise I didn't think she would dare face people after her poor me interview.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning