Thursday morning
Good morning all it's still chilly but a bit overcast with no brilliant sunshine. I finally got stuck in to my sewing and now I only have one feather to do and I am finished. Of course, the temptation is to rush the last one but it needs a bit if self-control I don't want to ruin it for a happeneth of tar.
Obviously, it's a bit crumpled but hopefully once blocked and ironed it should look ok. Then I will have to look for someone who can make it into a cushion. I would think somewhere that makes curtains should be able to do that. I would do it myself but I am rubbish at setting in zips and I haven't used my sewing machine in years.
James has shot out this morning to buy me some good streaky bacon to have with my later bread. It is so long since I have had any I hope I still enjoy it. His lamb shanks were lovely and he is getting the hang of the instant pot pressure cooker. It is really quite pleasing when he compliments me on my choice of kitchen gadgets. I had to laugh when he told me he was planning his next meal as he was trying to go to sleep, something I have done all my life. Anyway, I am delighted that he has found an interest to keep him away from the vodka bottle even if it means giving up my hobby. But I guess that is what mothers do nobody tells you that motherhood is a whole life tariff which is usually reserved for the most heinous crimes. I'm not sure what he has planned for today but I'm sure it will be fine. In some ways, it is a relief to hand over the baton.
Well I hear the coffee machine calling me and the shower too so time I burst into action. Have a lovely day and enjoy whatever you have planned.

Those leaves really are very lovely! Good work.
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks Joy the colours are very nice I think.
ReplyDelete