Monday morning

Good morning all another dull one but dry and not too cold.  Yesterday went according to plan and the roast chicken was lovely.  I have just put the instapot on with the multiple carcasses and odds and ends so lunch today will be chicken soup - probably with noodles and then some kind of a salad for supper as I have lots of salad ingredients to use up.  Perhaps some tuna fish cakes would be nice with the salad.

I am hoping for a visit from the rat man this morning so he can put loads of poison in the loft and get that sorted out I really don't want to have my shower pump cables chewed through again.  There has been no activity where they were getting in from the shed since the hole was blocked and the bait in the garage has all been eaten so I hope that might have sorted that problem.  

Yesterday I noticed that the starlings who were nesting next door were out with their youngsters eating the buds in my nice tree.  It is usually the pigeon's domain, fortunately, the tree is big enough to survive the attack and they don't do too much damage.  It is nice to encourage the birds but there are some drawbacks like dirty windows and washing that has been pooped on.  It is frustrating to have to put the washing back through the machine and somehow they always manage to hit a large sheet or duvet cover never just a sock or a handkerchief.  

James has had a bit of a purge in his room and the garage has accumulated plenty of stuff for the tip so I hope to persuade the boys to get rid of it sooner rather than later as it is all too easy to forget.  "out of sight out of mind".  The tip is also about to start asking of proof of your address which is a bit of a pain so the sooner it is got rid of the better.

Well, that is the plan for the day nothing very exciting just the usual mundane day to day life. Hope you have a good one.....


Comments

  1. If you are using tinned tuna for your fish cakes, please be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be I believe they can be lethal. How are the hands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One practically healed, one finger on the other still immobilized and painful off and on, but hopefully the splint will be coming off in a couple of weeks. It feels like a very long time, but I'll get there eventually.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning