Saturday morning
Good morning all it is another dull one this morning but at the moment it is dry. I manage to contact the rat guy first thing and he is coming back on Monday to put more poison down and hopefully sort out the loft issues. I only hope they don't attack the new shower cabling before we can deal with them it is a bit of a worry.
Today James has decided to make us a Mexican lunch with tortillas and guacamole etc. I still have to sort out my stock which I put on for another 4 hours yesterday and I also have some butchery to do as I bought some chickens which I will dismantle. I find it much more economical to buy a whole chicken and then divide it up into the pieces I require. It also gives me the carcass for stock and the odds and ends for dog food. So all in all a better deal. I was wondering whether to make some chicken kieves but I think what might be a better idea is to make the garlic butter and freeze that so it is ready to pop into a chicken breast before egging and crumbing.
Yesterday's liver and bacon was a revelation we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I made some sauteed onions in marsala and also some mushrooms to go with it. Both the boys were a bit anti until they got to eat it and they too were surprised however the dogs were livid as they were convinced we were eating their liver cake treats.
Well, that is the plan for today I think I also have a load of laundry waiting to be washed and I think I will risk hanging it out fingers crossed.
It's sunny here now so hopefully it's already arrived youyr way or, at the very least, it's almost there.
ReplyDeletexx
I hope you soon get the rats sorted. There aren't many animals I really hate, but rats are at the top of my list, closely followed by flies and mosquitoes. Apart from not liking rats, I'm scared stiff of them. Doesn't Tubby chase them?
ReplyDeleteI haven't had liver and bacon for many years. My mother used to make it regularly and I really liked it. You have given me an idea for one of the days when I can't think what to cook for a change, though I would really have to premeditate it, as the basic ingredients are not usually in my fridge.
It's raining cats and dogs here at the moment, but that's actually good because the pump for our watering system has been out of order for months (and the various attempts at repairing it have so far been in vain), so the garden was ready for a good drink. I hope it has stayed dry for your washing.
xxx