Saurday morning
Good morning all. It is bright and sunny but very cold here a mere 6ºC so the heating is on. I must say it is nice to see the sun even if it is cold. With all the rain that was forecast, we only got a couple of showers not really enough but I really don't want to have to start watering in May.
Marjorie, you seem to have done a very good job of slicing yourself up and as you say all for an empty tin of tuna. The instinct to catch falling things is so strong in the case of falling children it is useful but tins!!!! I'm sure there was no thought process involved it is an automatic reaction. I guess you will just have to take a management position and poor Remi will have to do the running around. What a glorious opportunity to catch up on some reading with a clear conscience. Many years ago I successfully cut the nerve in my left thumb which put me out of action for quite a while but I do remember washing up with my hand encased in a polythene bag.
This morning I am hoping the Elaine is going to pop in for coffee and to pick up a music keyboard that has been in the attic for ages. Her youngest has suddenly developed a taste for the piano so he can have it to play with for a while. Then if he perseveres they will have to get him a piano but it is a good start.
I thought I would do the lovely Kaarage chicken for lunch with an assortment of salads as I am trying to use up vegetables that James is unlikely to use while we are away. The freezer is stuffed to the gunwales with food so he will have plenty to play with.
I set to yesterday morning and did the Yuzu Koshu which is now in a jar ready for use but boy was it hard work zesting all that fruit. I then squeezed the juice and that is destined for the Kombucha tomorrow though I might use some for dressing the salads for lunch. Once done it seemed to make a paltry amount but you only need a minute amount to add a real kick of citrus. As can see about half a dijon mustard jars worth. I then put all the skins in the dishwasher so now that smells delicious too.
Today I would like to get a load of washing done so that I have a good selection of clothes to choose from. My wardrobe is rather limited as I really don't need much by way of clothes as I am mostly at home these days.
Well that is the plan for the day, oh and by the way, the pork idea didn't work too well it was tasty but not as I would have liked it, the crackling stayed soggy, but the meat was tender so not too bad and the fur babies were very happy to help out with the bits we didn't want.
Have a nice day all and keep warm it looks nice from indoors but it is really cold.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets soggy crackling, mine usually ends up crisping under the grill and then has the black scrapped off!!
ReplyDeleteRemi is doing a good job. Yesterday we did the market and all the other shopping together, and as the washing up was always Remi's job anyway, he is still doing that as well. However I do have my shower with one hand encased in a polythene bag and the other in a disposable latex glove with rubber bands round the wrists to make them 100% waterproof. Clumsy but efficient!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your exotic condiment will be delicious enough to merit all the effort you put into it. But what patience you have! Have fun with the fancy chicken.
It is lovely and you only need a tiny bit I am going to make a sort of basterised salad with tuna and asparagus and fresh peas and a touch of the seasoning in the dressing. Should be ok I hope.
Delete