Thursday morning
Good morning all another bright sunny morning but I believe it is not to last so I am enjoying while I can.
First in answer to your question Marjorie pierogi are Polish dumplings and they look like this before boiling. I suppose they are the Polish equivalent of ravioli with a stuffing of mashed potato fried onions and cheese. As you can see the recipe made rather a lot of them so half is in the freezer but I was not impressed with them as they were rather stodgy they may well end up as dog food.
First in answer to your question Marjorie pierogi are Polish dumplings and they look like this before boiling. I suppose they are the Polish equivalent of ravioli with a stuffing of mashed potato fried onions and cheese. As you can see the recipe made rather a lot of them so half is in the freezer but I was not impressed with them as they were rather stodgy they may well end up as dog food.
Nice new shiny microwave which does what it is supposed to and nothing else which is exactly what I wanted and it fits exactly in the space of the old one. I don't use a microwave for cooking many things but it is great for reheating, heating plates and odd little jobs like that.
I spent some time with the computer and I think that too is sorted out I tend to forget how I did things in the past and have to relearn when I hit a problem.
Pest control came yesterday afternoon and have filled in the holes and put down bait all over the place but I think I may have an unwanted guest in the dining room as this morning when I came down I found that my tomato seedlings had vanished and this is what is left. The pest guy is coming back in 5 days to see if he has cured the problem and if not take further measures.
I can't blame the dogs if they had been at it there wouldn't be a grain of soil in the pot. So I guess I will not be growing any tomatoes this year.
The plumber is due this morning at 9.30 so by tonight I should have a functioning shower again. I am hopeful that will see the back of the problems for a little while but I guess that is just life the more stuff you have the more there is to go wrong. However, problems never come singly but in batches and usually just when you are looking forward to having a little extra money. Good job we had a very cheap holiday!!!!!
Well, that about it for this morning time for a coffee and then start to clear up the mess.....



Sometimes it seems never ending, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you pop down to the garden centre and buy some little tomato plants? There's no substitute for tomatoes picked fresh from the garden and eaten for breakfast (or whatever).
I'm like you with microwaves. I rarely cook anything but it's great for re-heating things.
xx
Yes I might just do that I was just so mad when I saw the mess this morning and I have only just finished clearing it up and blocking the air vent where they are getting in.
Delete