Wednesday morning

Good morning all I know I am late but I have been up for some time however the machine wanted an update and then it froze and had to be rebooted and then took forever to download.  Now it has cleared the desktop of all the short cut icons Oh ain't life wonderful!!!  The rat problem seems to be back with a vengeance as the little tomato plants I was bringing on have all vanished and I just have soil scattered far and wide.  I feel sometimes that I just lurch from one disaster to the next anyway at least the shower is getting fixed tomorrow.  Today I will ring a reputable pest control company and get the rat problem sorted even though I know it is going to cost a packet I am not messing around with half measures anymore.

Yesterday James made a lovely steak and kidney pie with a little guidance and a sous chef and I made the filling and pastry for some pierogi which we were going to have for supper but nobody was that hungry so they will be on the menu for lunch today.  I think I may have made enough for an army so I hope they will freeze ok for another day.  I think I should freeze them before they get their boil then once they have had that all they need is frying off in a pan with lots of butter and sage.  The filling is mashed potato with cheese and onion so it should all freeze fine.  A big bag of chard came with my veg box so I think that will make a nice accompanying vegetable.

The new microwave arrived late last night and this morning I will unpack it and put it in place and I hope one of the boys will take the old one to the tip.  In June our tip will require you to prove you are a resident so you have to take a utility bill or some such with you.  That is not so easy to do as almost everything is done online.  I'm not so sure this is a good idea as it will only make for more fly-tipping and that will cost the council even more money to clear up.  At least if people have somewhere to dispose of rubbish responsibly they should be helped not hindered.

Ok, I have wasted enough time I will now see if I can get the computer back to normal and then get going with pest control.


Comments

  1. Excuse my ignorance, but what are pierogi?

    In France we also have to prove we are residents to be able to use the tip, at least at first, once they get to know you they don't ask anymore. For your microwave, you'll be OK if you get there before the end of the month, the hassle will be for the next time. Couldn't you print off a phone bill or something? Even though most of our payments are made electronically, we do get printable bills on line from time to time.
    Doing everything online has certainly complicated a lot of previously simple procedures, at least in France. When we eventually parted with our beloved caravan it took the new owners 4 months to get a registration certificate so that they could insure it and take it out on the road, whereas before you could walk into the registration office and get it immediately. Same problem when we tried to get international driving licences for our holiday in Australia, the infernal machine announced it would take a minimum of 11 weeks. The problem is that the online system is now compulsory (and saturated, of course) and it is impossible to have a conversation with the computer and even less with a human being. Your chances of getting someone on the phone are about as good as those of an ice cube's surviving in hell. So much for simplification!
    I hope you have managed to sort the computer out and that all is well.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your Council office not have a pest controller? There will be a charge but it should be less than a pest control business.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning