Wednesday Morning

Good morning all yesterday was the first real hint that summer is coming it was a beautiful day.  Dennie did her stuff so the house is nice and clean and tidy then the rat man came and has laid poison all over the place which I hope will deter the invaders.  I have half expected to find corpses around the place but nothing.  Anyway, there is loads of poison in the loft as the dogs can't get there so it can be sprinkled liberally around.

Last night for supper we had a lovely dressed crab each, they were the small sweet Cromer crabs and I did a large watercress and orange salad to go with them.  Then I don't know why but I decided to make some homemade pasta.  Which is drying on a tray as we speak and will probably be for supper tonight.  Lunch is some skate wings which I intend to cook with brown butter and capers and serve with some of the first Jersey royals which came in my box and a few sticks of asparagus.  I also now have a glut of courgettes so time to make some courgette pancakes I think as they do freeze rather well.  I had a bag of mixed chillies which were on the blink and should have gone into the freezer but got missed so they are now in a bottle under some rapeseed oil making chilli oil.  I have no idea how long this will take so I guess it will be a case of tasting it from time to time and see how it goes.

The garden is beginning to look nice and most of the plants are revving up to put on a show.  I must admit it has been a really nice thing to have a gardener to keep the place tidy and the weeds under control.  Now that I am no longer fit enough to take care of the garden it would have gone to wrack and ruin if left to the boys who have no interest.

Well, that is the plan for the day so I am off to the kitchen first for more coffee and then to prepare the stuff for lunch.  At the moment, it looks like another rather nice day so it will be good to fling the window open and blow fresh air through the house.  Have a good day all. Oh no a big black cloud has just arrived I hope it passes quickly over us and moves on.



Comments

  1. Very sensible of you to have help with the garden. It definitely adds to quality of life to have a nice garden and, if there were no other benefits, that would be worth it.
    The chilli oil sounds like a god idea and I shouldnh't think it will take all that long really.
    It's gorgeous here too and all the back doors are open and allowing the fresh air to pour in. It's lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning