Monday morning

Good morning all, at last, the temperature is just right warm, sunny and with a gentle breeze.  The one really hot day was a bit miserable but now it is perfect.  Last night saw the temperature drop down to 15ºC which was comfortable to sleep in without the aid of a fan. 

Both boys were out for the whole day yesterday so I finished off the platter of fishy things.  Denzil arrived home knackered having delivered 1.5 tons of shopping so he made himself a ham sandwich and went straight to his bed.  James had been to a wedding reception so he was well and truly stuffed but also knackered so he too went straight to bed.  I had had a nice day pottering in the bathroom it is nice to have the chance to wander about in the altogether.


The double apricot coloured lilies have started to open and as you can see the one still in bud is just green so I was not so hopeful that they would come true but the hot weather got them going.  The tomatoes are a bit slow but that is my fault as I didn't plant them until rather late in the season but I am hopeful if we have a decent autumn I should still have time for some fruits.

On the menu today I fancy liver and bacon with some onion gravy and as I have all the ingredients that is what I will do.  Then cold stuff from the fridge for supper.  

We think we may have worked out Dans gender issues.  There must be a bitch on heat somewhere close by and he knows that Tubby doesn't smell like a boy as he is missing his crown jewels so, therefore, he must be a girl.  Obvious from a dogs point of view anyway he has calmed down considerably and I kept them apart most of yesterday to give poor Tubby a bit of peace.  Needless to say, he too is a bit confused and doesn't understand why he is suddenly so popular.

Ok time for more coffee and get some bits out of the freezer and chop a few onions then the day is my own.  




Comments

  1. How confusing for them both! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two furry kids are a good comedy act!
    I'm glad the temperature has returned to normal in your part of the world.
    Your apricot lilies are very pretty. Do they have a strong perfume?


    Well, the pump is going again, after a visit from yet another "specialist", who is convinced that air is getting into the system somewhere, but after listening for it with a stethoscope of all things, he couldn't detect the point of entry. I think he tightened up a nut or two. If it keeps going, we are to wait for 3 days before calling him to say all is well, and if it stops again, we are to call him immediately. He is the only one who hasn't asked for money yet, he hopes to solve the problem first. So far we seem to have just been throwing good money after bad, but hopefully it will all end some day. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning