Saturday Morning

Good morning all yesterday morning started off all lovely and summery but it soon clouded over and was a rather dull day in the end.  This morning too is all sun and summer looking so let's hope it lasts a bit longer.

The Korean spare ribs were a great success and for supper, I made a salmon tartare with lots of lime juice.  It was a sort of layered thing with a tartare of cucumber and avocado with the salmon on top.  I served it with a nice tomato salad which had a mozzarella torn and added along with a nice handful of basil.  It was a bit on the light side and would make a very nice starter, fortunately, there were ribs left from lunch so they very quickly got demolished.  I really should have made a potato salad to give it a bit more substance.

We seem to be suffering from lots of flies at the moment and we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw a swarm of hoverflies heading for the house so we very quickly shut all the windows on the back of the house until they had dissipated.  So much for all the insects dying, we have plenty here.  

On the menu today I am going to make pizza which the boys love I can't say I like it much but they are very keen.  If I make a decent tomato sauce and find some nice toppings it should be alright.  Of all the Italian recipes pizza is my least favourite.  

Dan got a lesson in retrieving yesterday I sent him to collect the sweet corn husks from the roof but he had no idea what I wanted so I went and got one myself and showed him.  The penny dropped immediately and off he went and brought me the rest of them.  I really feel I should do more with him as he is not stupid and relishes any jobs he is given.

I thought this photo might make you laugh the gardeners have staked the tomato plants but I guess they have no idea how tall tomatoes grows I did chuckle when I saw what they had done.


Next time they come I will get them to stake them properly and also make sure that they are put somewhere the wind will not blow them over.  It is also time to swap my window boxes for some with soft herbs in ready for summer use.

Ok time to make a tomato sauce and find some other toppings.  I must own up to having bought some ready-made pizza dough so a really easy meal with minimum effort.  I find I am still pretty lacking in energy so I am not pushing myself.  

Comments

  1. Apparently hoverflies are good pollinators too and will become more important to us while there's a bee shortage, but I wouldn't want them in the house either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dearly love a pizza but authentic ones don't go with Slimming World all that well so I save them for treats. Yours sounds fantastic.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning