Thursday morning
Good morning all - yesterday was a total washout with rain on and off all day and most of the night. At the moment the sun is shining and we have lovely blue skies and it is looking like a glorious day. Fingers crossed it stays that way which according to the forecast it will but I am always a little sceptical as the weather can change in minutes. I know it rained for most of the night as next doors dogs woke me at midnight and it was gone 4am before I could get back to sleep, then the phone rang and woke me again at which point I gave up and headed for the coffee. Having moaned about how dreadful I felt it is necessary to say that I feel much better if not 100%.
We had an interesting supper last night James made his first chicken curry and we then ordered in some mushroom rice, Bombay potatoes and sag paneer to accompany it which worked really well. He is quite funny with his cookery and is very critical of the results. The curry needed to be reduced a bit which he realised but the spicing was lovely. I think he is beginning to realise that it takes lots of practice to get these things spot on and you have to make a lot of mistakes along the way. Years of experience certainly help and I have to be very careful as I don't want to crush his enthusiasm. I also try not to watch as I can't keep my trap shut. I usually talk him through what is to be done and then leave him to get on with it. Today I am hoping to persuade him to make some meatballs which we can have with pasta and salad for lunch. My meatball recipe is in my head so he will need me to list the ingredients for him.
Well, that is today's plan just gentle pottering and cookery supervision so I will go and refill my coffee cup and make a start.
I'm so glad you are feeling somewhat better again now. Thank goodness.
ReplyDeleteGood for James - he seems to be taking to it extremely well really.
xx