Wednesday morning
Good morning all, health check no better no worse.
We had a day of rain yesterday which the garden really needed. Poor Denzil had watered all my pots for me so he was not best pleased. I spent most of the day lying flat which seems the only comfortable position. I did however do my shopping on line and today I am expecting groceries from Ocado and meat from Heals farm. Dennie did her stuff so the house is clean. I am just pottering about trying not to move my head quickly. I am writing this on my iPad as looking up to the screen on the computer makes me dizzy and nauseated. One bit of good news James took the car for its MOT which I’m glad to say it passed. So at least that’s a year of peace. The insurance has gone through the roof and I think the Road fund licence will make me cough but once it’s done I can relax.
Lunch today will be gazpacho ready made so I will just make some garnish and supper will be steak if the orders arrive on time. At least catering is easier on summer foods. By the way did any of you see dispatches the truth about chlorinated chicken. It was terrifying people die regularly in the USA from Salmonella but it’s not the disgusting chicken. If we do a trade deal I will be even more careful where I get my meat and avoid all ready made and takeaway chicken.
We had a day of rain yesterday which the garden really needed. Poor Denzil had watered all my pots for me so he was not best pleased. I spent most of the day lying flat which seems the only comfortable position. I did however do my shopping on line and today I am expecting groceries from Ocado and meat from Heals farm. Dennie did her stuff so the house is clean. I am just pottering about trying not to move my head quickly. I am writing this on my iPad as looking up to the screen on the computer makes me dizzy and nauseated. One bit of good news James took the car for its MOT which I’m glad to say it passed. So at least that’s a year of peace. The insurance has gone through the roof and I think the Road fund licence will make me cough but once it’s done I can relax.
Lunch today will be gazpacho ready made so I will just make some garnish and supper will be steak if the orders arrive on time. At least catering is easier on summer foods. By the way did any of you see dispatches the truth about chlorinated chicken. It was terrifying people die regularly in the USA from Salmonella but it’s not the disgusting chicken. If we do a trade deal I will be even more careful where I get my meat and avoid all ready made and takeaway chicken.
No worse is good, no better is not good.
ReplyDeleteI didn't see the programme but it sounds shocking.
xx
Our garden is also very happy today. It has been raining steadily since the small hours, for which we are duly grateful, as our pump saga is starting to seriously resemble your coffee machine story. They have had the nerve to send us a bill for the repair even though it still isn't working. Some chance!
ReplyDeleteWe are inundated with horrific programmes about all sorts of nasty things in the food we buy. I never buy supermarket ready made dishes, imported or not, and the only chickens we eat are free range farm birds. That said, there is never any guarantee that you are not getting any undesirable ingredients, even if you go down the organic road. I suppose we all have to die of something, though there's no hurry!
We are sorry to hear you are still feeling so bad. It will be nice to hear you are better, but it would also be nice for a doctor to find out what it is, and how to treat it. If you're anything like me, it will go away before you see the doctor so he can't do anything about it, and then come back when the quack is no longer available. Hope not!
Thinking about you and sending love.