Wednesday Morning
Good morning all. Well, today is the day I finally get to see the doctor so hopefully, by tomorrows saga you will have a bit more information and so will I.
After the deluge on Monday, yesterday was a reasonable day with plenty of sunshine but it was still pretty cold for this time of year. I took a photo of the clematis which has gone mad and I think you will agree it really needs a cut back before it takes over the garden.
After the deluge on Monday, yesterday was a reasonable day with plenty of sunshine but it was still pretty cold for this time of year. I took a photo of the clematis which has gone mad and I think you will agree it really needs a cut back before it takes over the garden.
After a pretty dry winter, the garden has gone bananas with all the rain and the clematis is catching the washing line and making itself a nuisance. Today it is dull and overcast and according to the forecast we are due more rain. I hope that it isn't raining when the gardeners are due on Thursday and they can have some fun with their hedge cutter sorting out the waterfall on the fence.
In my vegetable box, I had a load of broad beans so I have the happy job of shelling them then once cooked I like to take their grey jackets off so it is quite a job but they are delicious once done. I also had kohlrabi which is purple on the outside, which is a novelty, I have only ever seen green ones. I think my menu planning is the reverse of how most people organise things. I start with a vegetable and choose a suitable protein accompaniment rather than the other way around. This makes me chuckle when they suggest we should be on a plant-based diet that is exactly what mine is!!!
Ok time for more coffee and getting to grips with the broad beans. Have a good day and I hope you get away with a dry one.

I do that too. I go to the vegetable shop and buy whatever takes my fancy, then decide what it will go well with. I rarely plan what I am going to get, probably due to my years in Africa and other exotic countries, where the system was to buy whatever you could find and then work out what to do with it. Except of course when I have decided to make something in particular, and then go and buy lots of things I don't need for it, and come home without the essential ingredient I went for.
ReplyDeleteShelling the broad beans brings back happy memories of flying rabbits and other fun things!
Will be thinking of you this afternoon, and hoping all goes well.
xxx
Good luck with your GP appointment. It dull and drab here too and, while the back door is open to air the house, I will be shutting it again soon.
ReplyDeletexx