Saturday morning

Good morning all we had a miserable dull start to yesterday and it didn't brighten up until the early evening when the sun finally broke through.  This morning however it is gloriously sunny and we are looking at a gorgeous day.  At the moment the temperature is exactly how I like it not too hot just lovely and warm.

I shot outside and took a quick snap of the tomato plants which are now in pots and I hope will survive as they are in my line of sight so I shouldn't forget to water them.  I will have to organise some canes for them as they grow but that is easy as I have loads of bamboo growing and can cut a piece anytime I want.

I have not heard a word from T&M with regard to the "compost" they sent me but I am hopeful of a refund.  Fortunately, I had all the packing information and assorted numbers so they should be able to trace the item and know if it had spent too long in the post.

James decided to make us a main course prawn cocktail and it ended up being enough for sandwiches for supper as well.  Today he will have his work cut out as I asked him to get a leg of lamb out of the freezer. It was one of the ones going cheap at Easter.  I don't think he has ever attempted a roast dinner before but it isn't difficult it is just the timing which needs care. At the moment he is inclined to make enough for an army so portion control is his problem.  It is difficult to give advice without seeming to interfere and almost impossible to keep my mouth shut if I see a mistake about to happen.  I hope he will see the benefit of a roast as it then goes on providing meals for a couple of days.  There is cold meat and salad and then a beautiful shepherds pie to finish with.  I think it has come as quite a shock that people want to eat every day not just when you feel like cooking.

Anyway, on that happy note, I will go and do a bit of prep for him and get the vegetables ready.  This will be where he finds out you can't make mash with jersey royals!!!! So if he wants the shepherds' pie he will have to buy some baking potatoes to make into mash. 

I can't believe that May has come and gone in what seems like a flash and suddenly here we are in June.  It is a lovely day for laundry so I think I will get a load on asap it is so nice to dry clothes on the line in the fresh air it makes washing so much nicer.

Have a lovely day all....

Comments

  1. LOL - poor old James, but that's how you learn!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are having good weather. We have just come back from a few days in Chartres, near Paris, where winter coats and umbrellas were the appropriate equipment, and today we have closed all the shutters to keep the heat out! The thermometer in the car is reading 40° in the sun. Talk about a shock to the system!
    I see James is doing a good job in the kitchen. I know exactly what you mean about having difficulty giving advice without interfering and trying to keep your mouth shut. There are times when I know I shouldn't say anything, but I say it anyway.
    I can't believe you have to wait over a fortnight for a doctor's appointment when there is something wrong with you. That would be more or less OK if it was only a routine check up. Maybe they think you'll either recover or die in the meantime, which would ease their workload! I hope you're not feeling too bad while you wait.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning