Wednesday mornin
Good morning all. Well summer is over it’s pouring with rain as it has been most of the night. Yesterday I had some minced lamb which I made into sort of meatball mix but instead of using some bread crumbs I used couscous which worked really well and we had a burger each for lunch and the remainder was cooked as meatballs in a tomato sauce and served with rice for supper. I flavoured gently with garlic and lemon zest. Today I have loads of salad to use up but it is really a day for stew and dumplings as the temperature is right down. So perhaps some hot soup as well. It is difficult to get things right with the weather so changeable.
Dennie did her stuff and so the house looks a bit better and the laundry is up to date so not much to do. The beds have all been done so that is one major wash done and dried outside.
I don’t know if you have been watching the war on plastic but it is terrifying. There was much discussion about wet wipes etc which I am glad to say I am not a user of wipes I have always used old clothes and bedding as rags. I don’t wear makeup so soap and water is fine. What was really scary was the amount of plastic fibres we are breathing in. Synthetic clothing is to blame for lots of it and here I am a culprit as I can’t wear wool I tend to go for fleece but didn’t realise it was polluting the air and when I wash it it pollutes the water with micro fibres. So I guess it will have to be pure cotton from now on. It is also time washing machines had proper filters to stop the fibres getting into the water course.
For all that plastic is a blessing we really need to address the disposal issues. The manufacturers should be made to pay the cost that way it will be in their interest to reduce consumption. End of rant!
Have a good day if you are blessed with some sun I am just going to stay warm and dry.
Dennie did her stuff and so the house looks a bit better and the laundry is up to date so not much to do. The beds have all been done so that is one major wash done and dried outside.
I don’t know if you have been watching the war on plastic but it is terrifying. There was much discussion about wet wipes etc which I am glad to say I am not a user of wipes I have always used old clothes and bedding as rags. I don’t wear makeup so soap and water is fine. What was really scary was the amount of plastic fibres we are breathing in. Synthetic clothing is to blame for lots of it and here I am a culprit as I can’t wear wool I tend to go for fleece but didn’t realise it was polluting the air and when I wash it it pollutes the water with micro fibres. So I guess it will have to be pure cotton from now on. It is also time washing machines had proper filters to stop the fibres getting into the water course.
For all that plastic is a blessing we really need to address the disposal issues. The manufacturers should be made to pay the cost that way it will be in their interest to reduce consumption. End of rant!
Have a good day if you are blessed with some sun I am just going to stay warm and dry.
I saw some of the plastic programme, and you are right it is terrifying. The problem is that it is such a useful product and everybody's life is riddled with it, just looking around my little computer desk I can see and touch plastic items everywhere, practically every stationery item is made of it.
ReplyDeleteI do use wipes and have now ordered biodegradable ones, made from paper only. I've also been re-using the same water bottle for the last 3 years.
I just wish every country was responsible for it's own rubbish disposal and stop sending it abroad.
Delete