Friday morning
Good morning all although there is nothing good about the weather it is bucketing down and pretty chilly. I was very good at Macknades and only purchased a couple of bits extra one was a funny card for my chef friend which was very appropriate and I also bought an oxtail which has spent hours in the slow cooker and will be on the menu today along with the magic mash and some cabbage all nice and low carbs. I bought 4-kilo bags of my favourite coffee which should keep me going for a while in case they suddenly have a major lockdown and stop us travelling any distance. I must say I worry for my sister as she is a prime candidate for covid however she lives in the sticks in a village of 70 people so her risk I hope is lower than most. We are no longer in contact since my services are no longer required so I hope no news is good news.
Today I have the incredibly exciting expedition to have someone look in my ears for wax. Surely this could be done by a chemist with an auriscope it's not rocket science. It just angers me that so much time and money is spent over such a small and easily done thing. Anyway enough moaning.
Yesterday I made us a magnificent ramen soup as I have some of the wonderful Japanese no-carb noodles I used a litre of my homemade bone broth with ginger, garlic and some Pac Choi lots of fresh shitake mushrooms and one medium-sized squid cut into rings and added at the very last moment. It was jolly tasty and filling though I was up twice in the night to offload the liquid! Not smart to drink gallons of soup before bed so needless to say I feel a bit wrecked this morning having had a broken night.
I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment waiting for my next embroidery to arrive I do find it relaxing to stick my headphones on and listen to someone read me a story while I stitch. TV is not so good as you do have to glance at the screen whereas listening allows you full attention on the embroidery. There are a load of books read by good actors on youtube.
Well, that's about it for this morning after I have been to the doctor I am going to stop off at Margaret's to give her a bag of potatoes and a beetroot which came in my box which we don't need. It makes so much more sense to give them away rather than throw them in the compost.
Have a good day and stay dry if you can its really not nice out there.
I made the same discovery about the vast vat of soup - even though I had mine at lunchtime it still had me up and down the stairs a million times afterwards :) yours sounds delicious though so I guess it was worth it if you manage to get a nap later
ReplyDeleteI agree re the wax thing. It really isn't difficult. Seems daft but there you go, if that's what they say . . .
ReplyDeletexx