Wednesday morning
Good morning all. I got two loads of washing dried on the line yesterday it was dry all day but this morning we are back to blustery drizzle.
Yesterday, we had the roasted butternut squash soup which was made with my bone broth which had had 8 hours of pressure cooking and the big knuckle bones went to the dogs so it is really quite economical but I now have acres of crunched bone all over the house but nothing the hoover can't cope with and I have two very delighted dogs. As the broth was beef I had a bit of cooked beef left which I chopped into bite-size bits and added to the soup, sort of interesting croutons. I also have 500mls of beef dripping in a jar ready to make Yorkshire puddings when they return to our menu. I must say that the nicest chips I have ever eaten were at a chippy on a campsite in Norfolk and when I inquired I found that they were fried in beef dripping.
Today, I have some pork loin chops and a small savoy cabbage, which I think will make a nice supper for us and Denzil can have some potatoes with his. If we have a hot meal and are still hungry then there is always salad to fill up on or eggs in some form, so we are never hungry going to bed.
I must admit that I found the second half of Heroes and spent most of yesterday listening mesmerised to Steven Fry but I did get some stitching done so it wasn't time wasted.
Well, time is marching on and I was up late having had a poor night the night before I slept like a ton of bricks last night and made up for any loss the night before.
Have a good day and I hope your weather is slowly improving from all the rain.
Chips and roasties done in beef dripping are super delicious, I agree. They crisp up so beautifully.
ReplyDeletexx
I love savoy cabbage, finely shredded and lightly 'sauteed' in the wok with a little bit of water, seasoned with salt, pepper and herbs provencale and then sprinkled with sunflower and pumpkin seeds when on the plate.
ReplyDelete