2020 The End.
Good morning all. Well I for one will not be unhappy to see the end of this year. I am hopeful that the new vaccine will be the answer to a prayer. My thanks go to all the people who have tried so hard to keep us safe including the scientists who have worked their socks off to get the vaccine up and running in double quick time. Apparently there has been a bit of a mess with the vaccine in Germany as 8 hospitals were dishing out 5 times the correct dose. Oops! As far as I know we will be starting the vaccination program on Monday. I get my ordinary flu vaccine on Thursday. We can only hope that everyone gets vaccinated as we need 80% to be vaccinated to ensure herd immunity. Anyway I don’t suppose next year could be any worse than this year.
I am not one for new year resolutions as I never manage to keep them but I am going to try and make sure I buy British to help us through the next hurdle Brexit. Some of my veg are from France but from land owned by Riverford which is owned by the employees. I have been buying from them for 15 years so no change there.
I slept well again last night and am gradually catching up on the lost sleep. As I get older I realise that I cannot do without sleep as I used to when I was younger. Gone are the days of being able to work all day and all night without suffering too badly. When I left my job at Medway hospital I was owed 52 hour in overtime which they refused to pay but they were quick enough to demand the return of £17 they had over payed in my final salary. I responded immediately with a letter suggesting if they wanted their money they should go ahead a sue me. I never heard another word.
I have been busy stitching and am now underway with the second swan pattern this time in dark colours. I hope I am making progress with this new hobby but I do have to have to be careful I don’t do too much or I end up with a headache.
Jame s has been shopping at the crack of dawn and has made a dish with red cabbage and frankfurters and the goose is out of the freezer. The men have decided that they want Yorkshire pudding instead of potatoes which is fine by me and as I have lots of cherries I thought they would make a nice accompaniment.
Well that’s about it for this year fingers crossed we make it through the next year without too many issues
So I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year stay well and stay warm we had a heavy frost which still hasn’t melted as we are below zero.
Your day sounds very pleasant indeed and I hope it goers well.
ReplyDeleteIt's the same here - below or around freezing with a frost that won't go, I'm guessing. No snow though.
Wishing you a much better 2021 with plenty of positive things.
xx
Thank you Joy I hope we all have a better year than this one and you are right no snow yet.
Delete