Sunday morning

 Good morning all, another sleepless night but at least I now know why.  I did something stupid and watched the news.  When I saw what was happening to the lorry drivers I became so angry I was spitting fire and nails.  It is a very good job I am not in charge because no French lorry would be allowed to cross the channel until every other countries lorries were safely back and on their way home.  I really hate spiteful mean spirited political manoeuvring.  I have nothing against the French people it’s not their fault I sincerely hope they remember this piece of absolute meanness when he comes up for re-election.  Right that’s got that off my chest.  There have been some lovely comments for the people who also gave up their Christmas to take food and water to the drivers and being British they made gallons of tea which as you know is what the Brits do in times of crisis.

James had a bit if a disaster with his gnocchi but the soup was to die for so all was not lost.  He is just finding out that some things go wrong.

I had a chat with my chef friend who sent me a lovely book on herbs and spices which he wrote and his wife typed up and he put his new hobby of book binding to work so a lot of effort which I really do appreciate.  He has also offered to re binde a very old Italian cookery book of my grandmothers which is falling to bits.

It seems this lockdown has encouraged people to take up new hobbies to pass the time which is one small good thing to come out of this shambles.  My artist friend is now making boxes and walking sticks with designs in what I think is called poker work as is burnt into the wood.  All of his work is on commission and sells well.  I’m glad as they run a cattery and business is bad for them as nobody is going anywhere so no need for a cat hotel.

Denz is back at work today’s day James has the catering under control we are having scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for lunch and a cottage pie and creamed leeks for dinner. So basically I can just get on with my embroidery.  

Dan and Tubby have been in meltdown with the fireworks and Dan has taken to sleeping in the bottom of my wardrobe for safety and we still have new year to go.  Once again be very glad I am not in charge I love fireworks but I would stop the sale of gunpowder and dynamite to the general public.  I have seen too many burned children to think this is a good idea.

So after my tirade you will be delighted to know that I am not planning to overthrow the government just yet.

Today is wet miserable and cold in fact it isn’t rain it’s hail and horrible outside I am so grateful that I have every comfort when there are so many struggling for just the basics.  Keep well keep dry and let’s all hope for a better year to come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning