Friday morning

Good morning all.  We have already had a shower and are destined for more rain, never mind the garden is happy.

I watched a really interesting horizon programme about how our minds work and just how much is on autopilot for want of a better phrase.  We seem to be riddled with cognitive biases that we are helpless to overcome.  I think my dislike of America is one such item and I can find endless justifications for my opinion.  However knowing you are deeply flawed doesn’t help.

I was kind of off my food yesterday but at 11.30pm I decided I was hungry so I made myself somthing I haven’t had in years. I had a sardine (tinned) and cucumber sandwich.  I had actually bought a tin of sardines for the dogs.  They don’t know so please don’t tell them I have eaten their treat.  Anyway it hit the spot and I soon fell asleep.

Now don’t laugh but I got a letter from the doctors yesterday asking me to make a half hour appointment with the nurse so she can check my COPD status.  I fell about laughing as I could visualise the hours of phoning it will take to get through to the receptionist.  I have decided to make the appointment while I am there on Wednesday seeing the doctor.  Of course this should be done prior to seeing the doctor.  Anyway I give up with them and will just go with the flow.  Something about horses and carts come to mind.

Well that’s about it for this morning I hope you have a good day.  I am off for more coffee and try to get a few things done while I am at my best.

Comments

  1. Good luck with the half hour appointment, by the time they wrote the letter and posted it they could have phoned you twice over instead and fix an appointment time there and then. Did they send it 2nd class? Horse and cart would have been quicker. Just another delaying tactic to keep the waiting lists down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m afraid they couldn’t run a bath let alone a surgery. It doesn’t fill you with confidence.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish they had a secure email service. It would help such a lot!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning