Friday morning

Good morning all.  Without wishing to provoke the weather gods I think summer might be here.  Blue cloudless sky gentle cool breeze and brilliant sunshine.  I had a real laugh yesterday I put some corn cobs for the birds to eat.  The hens used to go mad for them so they were not completely stripped.  Well the pigeons decided to remove the kernels and throw to one side then they realised they were throwing away what they were meant to eat.  Once they got the hang of it they were very happy but it was a steep learning curve for them.

James meatballs were fine and there is enough mixture left to make either another batch or a small meatloaf.  On the menu today we have some pork spareribs in a Korean marinade which just need a couple of hours at 160 then a blast under the grill.  The marinade is one Tak bought me which saved a lot of time mixing all the ingredients.  However as I don’t read Korean I had to research a recipe which included the marinade and the follow the instructions from there. Fortunately the name of the dish was written in English or I would have been screwed.

I intend to have a pottering day today, a bit of laundry, a bit of cookery supervision, some reading and some crocheting.  Nothing strenuous or taxing.  I am glad to report that my consumption of fermented stuff seems to have mitigated the effects of the antibiotics and my gut is doing fine.  Worth remembering to lay in a jar of sauerkraut in case you have to take a course of antibiotics.  You really don’t need a dose of the runs as well.

Well that about it have a lovely gentle day that is what I have planned.




Comments

  1. Silly old pigeons!!
    Have a lovely, gentle, restorative day! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning