is it worth the effort?



Comments

  1. I would say yes! I bove broad beans although I don't rmove the skin.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very wise to get the shingles shot. I have had shingles, and it really isn't pleasant.

    As for the broad beans, they're always worth the effort as far as I'm concerned, though like Joy I don't remove the skin either, I think that removes a lot of the flavour. If they are really tough, cooking in the pressure cooker softens them up nicely. Or you can make soup with them, a speciality from my in-laws' part of the world, with a couple of potatoes, a few carrots, an onion, a little duck fat to fry off the onion and carrots and a lump of duck confit, cooked, or should I say recooked, in the soup and then shredded into it. In the absence of confit, a piece of salt pork will do the trick. This can also be done in the pressure cooker, it only takes about 15-20 minutes.
    If they are very young and tender, the French eat them raw dipped in a little sea salt, a nice appetizer.
    Anyway enjoy yours, whatever way you are doing them.

    We are having a serious heat wave here, temperatures in the upper 30s to low 40s, so we are living virtually in the dark with all doors, windows and shutters closed. The watering system was finally repaired this morning, but I don't think the garden will recover from the drought this year, which is a shame but nothing compared to the many human deaths that always occur when we get this sort of weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the heat at the moment we have typically English unpredictable weather a drop of 10 degrees between yesterday and today. I really hate the heat so I hope it stays away for while.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning