Saturday morning
Good morning all. Well the widows are shut, the blinds are drawn and the fans are whirring. I am going to they to stay cool.
Marjorie you have my sympathy not only with the heat but also the joys of have work done or should that be not done. My friend Shiona is having similar problems with her gas supply. She has a magic mower which spends its time mowing her garden but gas people managed to break the cables in two places. After 30 years they decided her gas tank was in the wrong place so she is now having a fight with them.
I still can’t get my phone and iPad to speak to the main computer and I know it will be some trifling detail I have missed. I really need a 13 year old who would no doubt fix it in seconds and I will feel extremely stupid.
In desperation I will phone apple support and hope they can solve the problem. The good news is I have my nails booked in for Wednesday afternoon. The other good news is that I did the trick to clear crystals from the inner ear and suddenly I don’t feel sick anymore I can’t tell you what a relief it is. Constant nausea is very debilitating and depressing.
Today I have ordered a fish platter from the fishmonger so no cooking today. Yesterday I made some garlicky mayonnaise and one with lots of lemon and we have crusty bread and salad bits.
Well that’s the plan for the day minimum effort. Dan seems to have settled down I can only think there is a bitch in season somewhere close by.
Have a good day and stay cool 😎
Marjorie you have my sympathy not only with the heat but also the joys of have work done or should that be not done. My friend Shiona is having similar problems with her gas supply. She has a magic mower which spends its time mowing her garden but gas people managed to break the cables in two places. After 30 years they decided her gas tank was in the wrong place so she is now having a fight with them.
I still can’t get my phone and iPad to speak to the main computer and I know it will be some trifling detail I have missed. I really need a 13 year old who would no doubt fix it in seconds and I will feel extremely stupid.
In desperation I will phone apple support and hope they can solve the problem. The good news is I have my nails booked in for Wednesday afternoon. The other good news is that I did the trick to clear crystals from the inner ear and suddenly I don’t feel sick anymore I can’t tell you what a relief it is. Constant nausea is very debilitating and depressing.
Today I have ordered a fish platter from the fishmonger so no cooking today. Yesterday I made some garlicky mayonnaise and one with lots of lemon and we have crusty bread and salad bits.
Well that’s the plan for the day minimum effort. Dan seems to have settled down I can only think there is a bitch in season somewhere close by.
Have a good day and stay cool 😎
I have good news too. The pump has been working since last night, but you won't believe this, it was the technician who came to service the gas boiler who fixed it! He had given us a lot of technical information about the workings or not workings of our gas boiler and also our oil boiler out in the sticks, which he had never seen, but seemed to know why it had gone into default mode. And so I said to myself, this man seems to know his stuff and I asked him if by chance he did water pumps. He said he didn't officially, but that he knew a bit about them because he had had the same sort of problems with his, and lo and behold 20 minutes later it was up and running! The problem was basically an air lock, apparently, plus a minor leak. The leak is still there, but as it is working so far, we are reluctant to turn it off to fix it, in case we find ourselves back to square one with no boiler technician to hand... Keep your fingers crossed at least until then end of the heat wave, and stay cool!
ReplyDeletexxx
So nice when things come together. I know my computer will be sorted in 5 minutes by someone who knows what they are doing.
ReplyDeleteThe pump saga reminds me of doctors. Why go to a bad specialist when a good GP will do the job?
DeleteBut when it comes to computers, the best resort is indeed a 13 year old, but if you don't have one readily available a competent adult or technician should be able to sort it out for you. Remi's niece couldn't get her phone to empty her photos on to the computer and a carer who helps her look after her Dad told her it was something to do with the settings on her phone. And got it to work! It all goes to show that the ideal solution is to find someone who has had the same problem and solved it to boot.
Happy Birthday Diane, hope you have wonderful day, made even better by the nausea gone!
ReplyDeleteApple support in under 5 minutes job done!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave just seen this after posting my comment. Very happy for you, and happy birthday. Apple will kindly have contributed to making it a good one.
Delete