Sunday morning

Good morning all yesterday was a lovely day but this morning it is dull and overcast and quite chilly so the prospects don't look good.

I must say that yesterday's pizza was much nicer than I expected the crust was good and thin and crispy and the toppings traditional perhaps it is not pizza I don't like just commercial pizza.  As for Dominos, even the dogs are not keen on that stuff.

Today we are going to have a lesson in pasta making and as I now have all the machinery to fit my KitchenAid it is a real doddle to roll the pastry out and cut it.  I have visions of my grandmother doing it by hand with huge sheets of pasta which were then rolled up like cigars and finely sliced.  The pastry for apfelstrudel, thin enough to read a newspaper through, was done on a white table cloth so it was easy to roll up once all the filling was added.  I always thought it was such a shame that my grandmother, who was such a fabulous cook,  absolutely hated it.  Being Viennese she was a dab hand at the patisserie.  My Mum was also an excellent cook but she loved it and once the family size was reduced she supplied the WI market with loads of stuff just for the fun of it.

Ok so once I have made the pasta I will have to concoct a sauce for it but if all else fails there is always butter and cheese or oil and garlic and maybe a hint of lemon zest. The fridge is still stuffed with salad ingredients so pasta and salad it is......



Comments

  1. Pasta and salad, especially home made pasta, sounds absolutely wonderful. mmmmmm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning