Friday morning

Good morning all well yesterday was not quite as expected I shot out bright and early and had my nails done and have gone back to my "Cruella Deville" red which I really like.  I then drove over to Len and Margarets but they had decided that they didn't fancy going out so Margaret had made lunch.  Bless her heart she is the first one to admit she hates cooking so some tinned soup and a Sainsbury's cottage pie were on the menu which was fine and in fact worked out well as there was some pie left and I caught her about to throw it out but rescued it for the dogs.  It was good to have something delicious for them as I was going to mix their worming powder in with it and hope they didn't notice.  Of course, they did notice but ate it anyway but not before I had received a few dirty looks about the strange taste of the meal.  In my ridiculous way, I explained it was a commercial pie that's why it didn't taste right.  I find myself having the most stupid one-way conversations with the dogs who just look at me with pity in their eyes.

Yesterday was dry and so far today looks much the same but I believe there is some nasty stuff on the way.  Now that the roast pork is all gone I have no idea what to do for lunch however a neighbour brought me a load of tomatoes and onions from their garden so I think french onion soup and a tomato sauce are on the cards.  Both of which can either go in the freezer or make part of lunch depending on what the boys fancy.  We all love onion soup but it takes ages to brown a load of onions so I had better make a start soon and at least get the pan on the stove.  I sometimes wonder just how many onions I have chopped in my time there are not many savoury dishes that don't start with "First fry the onions".  

Well, that is the plan so far so I had better make a start and get the cooking underway then I can relax once I know what I am doing.  The fridge is stuffed to the gunwales with an odd assortment of stuff none of which actually constitutes a meal.  I have a yen for a cheese and onion pie but I don't really fancy making the pastry.  The only pastry I buy is puff which is just too much effort to make but shortcrust only take minutes to make. Ok, whatever the outcome I had better get peeling and chopping the onions.  Have a good day and I hope you are not in the path of the oncoming nasty weather.



Comments

  1. Cheese and onion pie sounds delicious! Could you make a crustless one?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good idea, why not a crustless pie, it would be more like a gratin I suppose, and delicious to boot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning