Saturday morning
Good morning all it is still pitch dark but Denzil has gone out with the dogs for an early walk. Yesterday was a bit of a non-day I did very little but read and watch rubbish. What a shame there is no rugby to watch this morning I guess I will have to do something else. I am feeling very lazy at the moment and don't really want to do anything much. I did try my kimchi which is actually delicious but I managed to breathe some chilli which sent me into a coughing and choking fit which was very scary. Especially so as I had just read the figures for choking deaths in the Bill Bryson book. Anyway, no lasting damage was done but I will be a bit more careful in future.
I was delighted to see that not only do I have my robin who is looking fat and plump but he has been joined by some blue tits and coal tits who have now discovered the food. Hopefully, I can keep them fed over the winter when things get really tough for the birds.
On the menu today I have a piece of ham which is a roast in the bag thing from Tesco. I have had them before and been delighted with the results so I hope this will be just as good. I will serve it hot with parsley sauce, boiled potatoes and savoy cabbage and there will be ample left for a supper of ham and tomato sandwiches or ham egg and chips depending on how hungry we are. I have solved the chips problem as we all like eating them but I hate deep-fat frying so now I send a boy to the takeaway 100yrds up the road to buy one portion of chips which is ample for all three of us as the portions are huge and it is even easier than oven chips and no washing up.
I think we are now back into the season of soups and stews with just the occasional salad to break things up and as my neighbour has brought me some leeks from his garden I foresee a leek and potato soup being on the menu. I keep the green tough tops in the freezer to add to my stockpot as and when necessary.
Well that's the plan such as it is for today I am now off to get stuck into a whole sink of washing up which the boys have left as they did the supper last night. It is only fair as if you cook you don't washup.
Oh joy, Ireland will play Samoa so there will at least be one match to watch.
Oh joy, Ireland will play Samoa so there will at least be one match to watch.
Fantastic food plans. I'm glad the choking fit was nothing worse. Scary though.
ReplyDeletexx