Sunday morning
Good morning all it is pitch dark as I am up early this morning but that is because I fell asleep early last night. I was exhausted from all the excitement of the rugby. England made it through but sadly Ireland lost to the All blacks, who we get to play next and given their current form I don't hold out much hope. Today there is another feast of rugby with Wales v France followed by Japan v South Africa. Sorry Remi but I have to support Wales for Stella and for Tak I will be supporting Japan [Tak and Stalla are both my nice neighbours].
Denzil is back to work today after his fortnights holiday so lunch will be just James and I so it is likely to be something on toast and then I will prepare something decent for us all for supper. My meat from Heal's farm arrived yesterday so my Christmas large chicken is now tucked in the freezer. I have cabbage and cauliflower to use up so perhaps a nice stew which I can make quickly in the instapot [pressure cooker]. The pressure cooker does have one extra advantage and that is you can cook meat which is still frozen and as I am terrible at remembering to take things out of the freezer it is a huge benefit to me. I was looking at my tinned ingredient yesterday and I really need a restock I like to have an assortment of beans in tins so I can bulk up other ingredients quite easily. At the moment I am down to two tins of green lentils. I do have dried stuff too but they need soaking overnight so as you can imagine I generally forget. I seem to be at my best early in the morning but after 5pm I turn into a pumpkin.
Last night we had our first lot of fireworks which the dogs didn't even notice and we make a point of not paying them any attention in the hope that the dogs just accept the extra noise a part of normal life. I really feel for those who have pets that are terrorised by fireworks as they go on for such a long time. It wouldn't be so bad if they were confined to just November 5th week. Personally, I disapprove of celebrating burning someone alive. However, I do love fireworks but it needs to be a really magnificent display. Trieste have a mid-August celebration where the fireworks are set off from barges out at sea so you get the double whammy of the reflection in the water and the bangers are so loud they rattle the windows in the town.
Ok, so I am now going to rush out to the freezer and find something for supper as it is almost time for the rugby and my coffee seems to have evaporated. Have a great day
Well, France is ahead for the moment, but they have been insulted copiously by my other half for all sorts of things. Now that the Welsh are back to full strength we could be in trouble, but it can't be worse than yesterday's catastrophe against the All Blacks. Wait and see...
ReplyDelete