Wednesday morning

Good morning all it is a dull start this morning and we did have a good downpour yesterday but not until the afternoon so it was not a hindrance to us.

Dennie came as usual and Denzil and I set off for Macnades and a statutory breakfast I am only glad it is not any closer or I would be in Queer street in no time.  I treated myself to a rarebit as mentioned in the Sunday times supplement and was delighted.  I restocked on coffee and then in a moment of madness I bought some pickling onions.  So guess who has many happy hours peeling onions?  Anyway, I intend to make the onions in the Italian fashion which is a sweet pickle and I have tracked down a recipe which seems doable.  I also got some pink grapefruit with which I intend to make squash.  The lemonade has really increased in bitterness after being left for a couple of days so with the grapefruit I am going to assiduously avoid the pith.

I had a lovely surprise in the afternoon when Marjorie rang and we chatted for ages putting right the woes of the world and life in general.  I also realised that I would have to cancel my visit to Shiona as it is the last day of Keith the gardener before the winter break so everything needs shutting down now although the leaves are still on the trees so there will be more clearing to do later.  I wonder if I can persuade him to come back for a couple of hours later and do a bit of leaf clearing.

I have some cold chicken which is going to be made into a pie along with some mushrooms and I have a pot of stock to sort out so plenty to keep me out of mischief today.  I really must sort out my freezer which is a complete mess and I really have no idea what I have in there there are things in there dating back to the flood.  Anyway, I have enough to do for today so I guess that will just get put back on the list until the fancy takes me.

Well everyone is up now so time to get going - have a nice day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning