Friday morning
Good morning all it is another of the rain and sun days which is fine so long as you time your outside expeditions correctly. I went out to the freezer last night to get some chicken thighs out and no sooner was I back indoors than the heavens opened and down came a deluge. It is definitely getting colder and my thermometer is reading single figures. I always hoped for a cold snap at Xmas so I could use the garage as an extra fridge.
Yesterday's lunch was very germanic with sauerkraut and frankfurters which really upset the dogs who looked on in amazement as we tucked into a plate of dog treats. I have used cheap and nasty frankfurters as dog treats and training aids as the dogs would turn themselves inside out for a piece of the sausage. You can only imagine the look of complete bafflement on their faces and needless to say they were given a piece each.
On the menu today is a chicken curry which will include the newly discovered wonder ingredients of turmeric and fenugreek. Not because I want to live forever but just because they taste good. To go with the curry I have some sag paneer [cheese and spinach] which is languishing in the freezer. As you will notice we eat dishes from around the world for which I have to thank Youtube and all the wonderful bloggers who put up their recipes. Perhaps the politico's would do well to recognise just how global we have become in this age of information and just how little they represent us or me at least.
I think if I am clever I might be able to use half of the chicken for the curry and keep the other half for tomorrow's lunch which will be a bit of a non-starter as I will be glued to the rugby from 7am. You may have noticed that I am sleeping much better and longer I put this down to my continued meditation practice. Being able to switch off my brain even if it is only for a minute or two seems to have relaxed me hugely. Of course, this may be coincidental but I choose to believe the meditation helps. I try to have 20 minutes after lunch and another 20 minutes before trying to sleep. It has also helped me to let go of the feelings of injustice doled out by assorted family members. The sense of injustice is very hard to get rid of so it has taken a concerted effort to shed.
Well, that enough philosophising time to start thinking of the menu and get going with the preparations. If I cook all the chicken I will try to keep some back for tomorrow so the boys can do something with it as I will be off duty. Supper tonight might be a cauliflower cheese as I have one of those "fractal" cauliflowers, I think they are called Romanesco, anyway they are all the same once cooked.
Have a great day and I hope you manage to dodge the showers.
I'm very glad you are now finding you can discard varius unjust judgements/attacks by different people who really should have known better. I just hope it all continues to level out in your mind and that the various injustices lose their hold on your life and emotions.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, with love.
xx
Thanks Joy it has taken a while to realise that my perceptions are just that, mine and as such under my control. I can chose to ignore them or just let them go. Sadly people see me as a strong person but that doesn't mean I don't feel hurt. Under the strong exterior is a sensitive soul.
ReplyDelete