Saturday morning
Good morning all well it has been a really windy night and I believe there is some nasty weather on the way. However, I will be glued to the TV and the rugby so it won't matter to me. The UK has two teams still in the competition so who knows we might get one through.
Yesterday I made the Jamie Oliver pie with loads of veg and a filo top which I am pleased to say got demolished for lunch and the leftovers were supper. I did the recipe with most of the ingredients however I did leave out the saffron as it would just have got lost in the amongst the harissa and preserved lemons and given the price of saffron I didn't want to waste it. I also have an Irish stew ready for lunch today and the oxtail needs a bit more cooking before it is really tender so that will just be set to simmer for a few hours while I am watching the TV.
Short and sweet this morning as the rugby is about to start and I need to turn a few knobs on the cooker before I settle down to watch.
Have a good day even if the weather is foul.
Hope you're enjoying the rugby!
ReplyDeletexx
All ready to go here too. We even set the alarm last night just to be sure we wouldn't miss anything! Good luck England, we also have some English family and I would really like to see the Blacks getting knocked off their pedestal. It should be a good match, in spite of the apparently horrendous weather conditions.
ReplyDeleteYour wish came true Marjorie, do stick around for the final! ;-)
Delete