Tuesday morning

Good morning all still dark here at the moment but the light is just creeping over the trees.  Yesterday was peaceful and calm and Dan looks gorgeous and smells like a bouquet of flowers, however, he is completely exhausted an afternoon at the groomers really take it out of him and he is always ravenously hungry when he gets back then once fed he collapses in a heap and just sleeps.  Sadly there is no way to explain to Tubby that Dan is at the groomer not out for a fabulous walk.  Tubby just cries because he has been left behind.

Lunch was late at about 2pm but I had done all the prep work so it was just a case of turning a few knobs and waiting.  There is nothing quite like a lovely plain roast chicken with piles of assorted vegetables and lashings of gravy.   Supper was cancelled as we were all still full from lunch and I have one breast and one leg left to make sandwiches with today.  I will get that all sliced up and get the carcass into the instapot along with some veg and make some stock/soup/broth.  I finally got around to making my lemonade and have already drunk a litre of it.  Because the whole lemon is used it has a bitter edge to it but I rather like that.


Today the wonderful Dennie is due and Denzil and I are heading off to Faversham for some coffee.  Shiona has cancelled tomorrow as something has come up but we are intending to go on Thursday instead.

Every morning when I read the news there is an article saying Kent is in for the coldest winter in 60 years and great warnings from the Met office but I take it all with a pinch of salt.  We will wait and see we were threatened with life-threatening storms which never materialised yes it rain but even the rain was not that bad and between downpours, there was beautiful sunshine.  I might have to eat my words if they turn out to be right but fingers crossed it won't be that bad.  We have had some significant snow in the past and at one point they were helicoptering in food to the isle of Sheppey as all the roads were blocked. 

Well that's about it for this morning the sun is over the trees and it is time to start the day's chores and get ready to go out.  Have a good one!!!

Comments

  1. We've been threatened with a bitterly cold winter too- very much hoping they're wrong about that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning