Boxing day
Good morning all. I hope you all survived the day and if your house is anything like mine there is food everywhere a d now all we have to do is eat it. My small turkey only took one hour 45 minutes and a 20 minute stand. The three of us managed to demolish about half during the course of the day. Today my first job is to pull out the carcass and get some soup on the go.
I got a real surprise when the door bell rang and there stood Tak’s husband with my embroidery in a frame.
It is very difficult to photograph as it is very reflective and this morning the sun is shining, anyway it is going on my bedroom wall when I can find the picture hanging stuff. I don’t know if you can see but the frame is like a box so the glass doesn’t squash the 3D effect.
We did a lot of chatting on the phone with friends and family and I was in contact with my friends and family in Italy with the obvious notable exception. After the birthday fiasco that was no surprise. It seems we are all making the best we can out of a rotten year. I was very impressed by the people from the villages surrounding the lorry park who were taking food an drink to the poor bastards stuck there and couldn’t get home for Christmas they were even lowering food from the bridges over looking the motorway where even more were stuck. I am quite sure that this was engineered to cause maximum damage before we finally say goodbye to the EU. As if things were not bad enough already. Well done mr. Macaroon what a clever time to close the border. Sorry Marjorie but we didn’t shut our borders and most of those trying to get home were foreign lorries.
Ok that’s my moan over for this morning. Good luck with your leftovers my soup is underway. I usually take the dogs for a long walk on Boxing Day but I’m not up to it today as I didn’t get to sleep until 5am and feel like a dishcloth this morning.
The new Thermomix made lovely Mayo and beautiful bread sauce. Now that things are returning to normal I will have time to play a bit more. The only thing it doesn’t do is the shopping but it does make a list for you. Have a lovely peaceful day and make sure you put your feet up and make the most of the remaining holiday.

Yes, I do realise it was our lot that closed the border. When I said yesterday that it was stupid to keep everyone blocked in England, I wasn't handing out any blame to anyone in particular, nor did I mean to imply it was the British who caused the havoc. And I do feel sorry for all the lorry drivers who couldn't get home for Christmas. It can't have been fun sitting on the road for all that time.There have been so many crazy things going on between the Covid and the Brexit, and whatever happens it's always somebody else's fault, I just wish it would all go away and let us get our lives back.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, your framed embroidery is lovely, and we're glad to hear you had a good feed and lots of chatting with friends and family. Have fun with the aftermath!
xxx
Doesn't the embroidery look good in its frame?
ReplyDeleteActually, if you have the TM6 and do online shopping, it will make an order for you as well. I'm not sure how that works in practise as I don't do supermarket shops online, but I gather it can. One day, when things are less fraught, I'll start an account and try it out.
xx