Friday morning
Good morning all. Yesterday was filthy wet dull and cold. It was so dull I had to wear my magnifying and lit glasses which made it possible. Then I hit a real problem I broke my needle threader no problem I must have another somewhere. After much searching and an hour trying to thread without success I found one which promptly broke. Now what? 1) send for needle threaders from Amazon to arrive tomorrow 2) move to using a slightly larger needle which I can thread. Panic over.
Elly came and collected her embroidery which was packed in the original box. Her daughter is working in the mass COVID-19 testing station and all her family were tested as negative so she felt safe to go on a delivery run.
5 minutes ago the sun was blazing but now it has disappeared from view. James is making bubble and squeak with yesterday’s left over cabbage and potatoes they will get frozen and come in handy when we are stuck for a meal before the big day.
Today I need to make a call to the fishmonger and order our Xmas eve meal so nice and easy the day before. My bird is frozen so I need to take it out several days prior then I haven’t decided whether to brine it or not. I think we have most of the Xmas stuff it is just a case of keeping up with things like eggs bread and milk all of which disappear in this house. I blame the dogs myself I think they are making tea and toast while we are sleeping.
I have just been given a bit of the bubble to try so bubble and squeak for breakfast.
Have a lovely day and how are you preparations coming along?
Use a larger needle for the time being and get that new needle threader asap. :-)
ReplyDeletexx
By the way, today is actually Monday...
ReplyDeleteHow is your finger?
Just goes to show how confused I am. I think I have filled in the naughty word I once spent a boring night on duty and amused myself filling in all the asterisk words in a book of rugby songs most of which are filthy.
DeleteWith regard to tall stories, here they say "If my aunt had two (*****) she would be my uncle!"
ReplyDelete