Monday morning
Good morning all it is still pitch dark so I have no idea what the weather is like. Yesterday turned into a drama and the chicken got put back in the fridge. I think it must be rutting season!!! Anyway, all is quiet now and Denzil is off to take Dan to have his hair done but as yet I am not sure what time or when to do lunch or should I postpone the chicken for supper time so in the meantime, I will get the vegetables ready. If I get everything ready then all I have to do is turn a few knobs and a meal will appear.
We had a very wet morning but it brightened up in the afternoon and was quite pleasant I still have tomatoes on the vine which are struggling to redden, I foresee a pot or two of green tomato chutney on the horizon. Tomorrow I would like to go to Macnades as the coffee supplies are very low and I need a restock then on Wednesday I am off to lunch with Shiona and Sue which will be great. Shiona has lots of apple trees so I may gather a few to bulk out the chutney. What with all the uproar yesterday I didn't get round to making the lemonade so I will do that this morning and get it bottled.
Marjorie, France only just got away with a win but as yet all the teams I support are still in the competition but next weekend it is France v England which will sort out my divided loyalties. I am pleased for the host nation as the Japanese are doing remarkably well. I think as usual they are all in fear of the New Zealand all-blacks who look unstoppable.
The light is just breaking over the horizon and at the moment it is dry but I believe we have more wet weather to come.
Ok so that is the plan now all I have to hope is that war doesn't break out again and things will run smoothly so I am off to do the vegetables and make the lemonade. Have a great day whatever you have planned.
Fingers crossed that life stays calm and peaceful for you and that the most you have to worry about is when to turn the oven on for dinner!
ReplyDeletexx
Hope peace has returned, holidays and high days are often flashpoints, not pleasant for you though.
ReplyDelete