Tuesday morning

Good morning all I am up at stupid o'clock thanks to two things first I fell asleep early and then next doors dogs started barking which woke me and all I could think about was hot coffee so in the end I got up and made coffee.  I had obviously had enough sleep but it is difficult when you have others asleep in the house so I have to creep around.  I would like to make a start on things in the kitchen but I really don't want to be banging pans and dishes about.  I put a ham hock in the instapot to cook yesterday and that needs to be dealt with.  I am hoping that the stock from the hock will not be too salty to make some nice soup. I think I am due another savoy cabbage in my vegetable box so if it is salty I can use it to boil the cabbage in.  Then I would like to make a batch of individual bubble and squeaks to put in the freezer.  They always come in handy with all the cold meat that is due over the Christmas holidays.

The wonderful Dennie is due today and for once the house is not too bad as we got all the beds changed and the laundry is done and out of the way.   It is all hung on the airer in the front room which is seldom used.  I didn't dare risk it outside as it was a bit wet, to say the least.

The boys took in my order from Tesco and put it all away for me so that was really nice except I don't know where anything is! Fortunately, the house is not so large that it will take me long to find things.  I also got to grips with my vegetable cupboard which was smelling mildewy so it was stripped out and washed down with some bleach which I hope will solve the problem.  I really should do the same with all the cupboards so I might start doing one cupboard per day and see if I can't get it done that way.  As usual, the cupboard under the sink is a disaster area and really could use a good tidy.  

I watched Jamie Oliver do a nice stuffed aubergine dish which rather took my fancy and I think I have all the ingredients so that may well be on the menu for today.  If there is one thing I am never short of it is things I should do and things I would like to do and usually what I would like takes priority over what I should do.

Well, that's about it for this morning time for more coffee and maybe a bit of quiet tiding in the kitchen.  Have a good day whatever you have planned.


Comments

  1. Just managed to catch up on your posts for the last few days, we had a terrific lightning/thunderclap in the early morning of Saturday, it felt like it was right above our house, which resulted in my router and also the landline telephone being killed.

    I have also gone over to having milk delivered again, motivated by wishing to reduce single use plastic. We do have a local farm that delivers but all the slots are full so went with the national company of Milk & More. They have lots of other stuff they can deliver too, and good quality. It's all done on line, you can order/make changes until 9pm the night before, and they deliver very early in the morning, three times a week. No money changes hands, it's automatically debited/credited to the card. I don't ever hear the delivery van, the only tell-tale sign is if I'm awake and the outside lights come on and we have a loose paving slab that clunks slightly (useful warning signal, I should call it my barking slab, it's due to be fixed but I think I'll miss it!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sad news

Friday morning

Thursday morning